Thursday, November 1, 2012

Summer Reading Programme

Seniors need to have all their library books back now and in years gone by that meant that was the end of things, BUT this year we are allowing borrowing of library books if you are returning to Heretaunga College next year. To do this you need to get a form signed by your parents and have all your books back. You can come in any time to pick up books or take advantage of our Family Open Days to choose books. See the poster.
Start making comments on this blog about the books you are reading and be in to win a book voucher prize. Make sure you put your name in the comment.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. It was very good and is the perfect ending to a four book series.

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Hades by Alexandra Adornetto.
It was an intriguing story and a great sequel to the first novel 'Halo'

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

Awesome to see so many people signing up for the Summer Reading programme. We've issued over 100 books so far. Make sure to get your forms in over the next few days.
- Miss McDiarmid

Anonymous said...

I’ve just read ‘An Abundance of Katherines’ by John Green.

My boyfriend was intrigued by all the graphs in it so he read it after me. He liked all of the math information but I kind of skipped those parts. I liked Lindsey’s mum, she was such an interesting character to imagine.

-Miss McDiarmid

Anonymous said...

I've read Born at midnight by C.C. Hunter.

It was extremely enjoyable and intriguing to anyone who loves paranormal romance books and a great start to the Shadow Falls series

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Awake at dawn by C.C Hunter.

Was an extremely enjoyable second book to the Shadow Falls series that kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Taken At Dusk by C.C.Hunter.

It was very enjoyable, a little more tamer than the last 2 in the Shadow Falls series but still very good.

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber.

Was very good. a good start to a series but if you dont like Vampire romance it's not for you.

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Rift by Andrea Cremer.

It was a very different book than what I've ever read and completely different from the other series by this same author. Was extrmemely enjoyabl;e and I loved it

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Blood Rose by Andrea Cremer.

Great last book to a great series.

-Kayla Braybrook

Heretaunga College Library said...

Great work Kayla. Looks like you're in the lead easily. Just in case anyone else is watching the blog I sent a pile of student librarian's book reviews to the NZ Book Council for their review competition and Theresse Ongi's one on The awakening by Kelly Armstrong has won the over 13 age group section. There will be a parcel of books for you when you return to school Theresse - Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I've read Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey.

It was a bit drawn out and didn't pick up til the end but i think the next book will be better because of the ending this one had.

-Kayla Braybrook

Anonymous said...

I've read Destined by PC and Kristen Cast.

It's the 2nd to last book in the House of Night series so far. It's a little slow in places but still has the great story line and characters.

-Kayla Braybrook