Heretaunga College Library talk :
Your one-stop shop for what's hot in your library.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Fleur Beale visit to the school
This is a New Zealand Book Council Writers in Schools sponsored event
All year ten students will get to see Fleur Beale and many year nines with some other students who get permission from their subject teachers to attend.
OOOps sorry Ninja. My brain wasn't properly in gear when I created the poster that's in the library blog. It really should read "Multi award winning author of teenage books". Fleur Beale is well past her teenage years herself, but she is still very inspiring and a lot of our students know her well and are very excited about hearing her talk. I must take more care with my wording in future. Thanks for your comments though.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great opportunity for students to be inspired and see that you don't need to be an adult to write amazing books!
OOOps sorry Ninja. My brain wasn't properly in gear when I created the poster that's in the library blog. It really should read "Multi award winning author of teenage books". Fleur Beale is well past her teenage years herself, but she is still very inspiring and a lot of our students know her well and are very excited about hearing her talk. I must take more care with my wording in future. Thanks for your comments though.
Post a Comment